Prolonged Absences

Please contact the front office if your child will be away from school for a long period of time.  If this time exceeds morethan one day an exemption form will need to be completed. These forms are available from your teacher or the front office.


If your child is reluctant and refuses to go to school please contact the Class teacher or alternatively the School Counsellor or Principal. They will work with the student in a supportive counselling role, identifying reasons and supporting the student where necessary.


The school is required to take action if students are repeatedly late or absent without good reason. This action can include:

  • Contact with parents or care-givers
  • Letters to parents or care-givers
  • Involvement of a DECD attendance officer.