Our school participates in a wide range of SAPSASA events throughout the year. As part of Trina’s and Kate’s P.E. roles they train and select students to represent the school at these events. SAPSASA is aimed mainly at Year 6 and 7 students but there will be opportunities for Year 4 and 5 students to participate in some sports. The events we anticipate competing in this year are:
- Swimming (students born 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005). Wednesday 21st February at Strathalbyn pool
- Cross Country (students born 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005). Wednesday 9th May at Kent Reserve
- Athletics (students born 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005). Wednesday 29th August at Victor Harbor Primary
- Netball (Year 6/7 girls. Knockout Carnival begins Term 2. Victor Harbor High Carnival Wednesday 2nd May)
- Football (Year 6/7 boys and girls. Knockout Carnival begins Term 2. Encounter Bay Boys Carnival Wednesday 2nd May)
- Soccer (Year 6/7. Knockout Carnival begins Term 2).
- Basketball (Year 4/5 Carnival TBA. Year 6/7’s Carnival Wednesday 25th July. Location to be announced)
- Cricket (Year 6/7’s. T20 Cricket Carnival normally in Term 4).
- Tennis (Year 4/5’s at Port Elliot Tennis Club TBA)
When information on these events is available we will put notices in the Newsletter and send notes home with the students who are interested.
SAPSASA photo displays will be put up on the gym windows so feel free to come and have a look after events at some of the photos taken.
There also will be opportunities for students to try out for the Southern Fleurieu District Association teams in various sports and also for Sapsasa State teams. Again, when this information becomes available to us we will inform all eligible via the newsletter and notices home. This year the District Sapsasa convenor will also be posting information on the SOUTHERN FLEURIEU FACEBOOK PAGE and the SOUTHERN FLEURIEU LINK ON THE SAPSASA WEBSITE (www.decd.sa.gov.au/teaching/sport)
Sapsasa State Teams Selections
Interested students wanting to trial for State teams need to refer to the Sapsasa website (www.decd.sa.gov.au/teaching/sport) to access all trial information and nomination forms.
If you wish to trial for a team, an online nomination must be completed and submitted by the due date for each sport. Information for each sport is available by clicking on List of Sports, then the sport you are interested in nominating for. (A separate nomination form is required for each sport). It is up to the student and their parent/caregiver to enrol, pay for and attend these try outs. See Trina or Kate at school if you need more information re this process.