Week 5 was PE Week which had lots of activities and events offered throughout the whole week.
· Each morning the classes started their day with special ‘Morning Motivation’ videos from an Elite sporting team or Olympian, devised especially for our school.
· Students were involved in their normal PE activities and Break time activities run by Year 6/7’s as well as having Table Tennis Tables set up in the gym and Totem Tennis equipment set up on the oval for access at Break times.
· Tuesday and Wednesday’s PE lessons were run as buddy lessons with a Literacy focus on their games.
· Numeracy based PE games were set up all week for classes to play with at their leisure in their lesson times.
· There was also a ‘PE week @ PEPS’ quiz and take home ‘task sheet’ that students were invited to fill in, finish and hand in to win awesome prizes which were awarded at the assembly on Thursday.
· The Assembly also had special past PEPS students, who are State Representatives in Surf Boat Rowing, speak to the students and help out with the prizes.
· Lots of students took up the opportunity to wear sports clothing on Thursday and looked fantastic.
· On Monday, staff (and a few Year 6’s) took on the Year 7’s in a friendly, fun football match. The staff team did win the match (with great assistance from the wind).
· On Thursday staff played the Year 7 students in a netball match. It was a great game, played with a lot of skill and everyone had a lot of fun.
Overall, the students and staff had a great week with many Physical Education opportunities. A fun, active week for all!